Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 Review
Hello dear friends, in this review we want to introduce you to the amazing Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 device. This portable jump starter is a very powerful device as it peaks at 1700 amps and 425 amps peak. The Jump N Carry JNC 660 is one of the best jump starters on the 2020 market.
The Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 peak amp 12v jump starter is different from portable mini jump starters, this unit is more suitable for stationary use: autoshops, car showrooms, autoparks, and marinas. If you need an external starter that is only designed to start your engine from an external source, this is the device for you.
JNC660 Jump N Carry device description
The Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 peak amp 12 volt jump starter is not a pocket starter. This portable jump starter is bigger and heavier than most models in this class, but you should realize that it is much more powerful and stronger than them all. It has an impressive size and looks just so.
The Jump N Carry 660 has a pretty high starting power of 1700A peak and a starting current of 425A, which is pretty not insignificant!
With the Clore JNC660 you can not only start your engine but also charge your battery. It has a built-in automatic charger as well as it has a gauge (voltmeter) which shows the level of charge of the onboard battery. This jump starter has a 12V DC socket for powering accessories. The Jump and Carry 660 has fairly heavy-duty industrial grade clamps, with 46" #2 AWG wire. The unit weighs 18 pounds and measures 3 x 14.1 x 5.1 inches. You can't hide it in the glove compartment of course, but that's not what it's designed for. But if such a device will be in the parking lot, it will easily solve the problem when your car is not started because of the dead battery, is not replaceable in cold weather in autoparks, because we all know that in cold weather starting your car is always difficult or even impossible. Portable JNC660 battery charger starter will be a reliable assistant for you, the confidence in which will not be doubted.
The Jump-N-Carry provides plenty of power for starting vehicles – more than enough to start most cars.
The Jump-N-Carry powers most 12 V accessories equipped with a male 12 Volt plug. The DC outlet features automatic overload protection.
The unit features a test switch and battery status gauge, which provides an approximate indicator of the battery’s state of charge.
The Jump-N-Carry features convenient side-mounted holsters with cable tracks for easy cable and clamp management. Always re-wrap cables and re-holster the clamps after each use.
The Jump-N-Carry contains the latest technology with its 12 Volt sealed, non-spillable battery and may be stored in any position.
1700 Peak Amps
425 Cranking Amps
Clore PROFORMER battery technology
46" #2 AWG welding cable leads
Voltmeter provides charge status of onboard battery
12VDC outlet to power accessories
1 year limited warranty
12 Volt Peak Amps: 1700
12 Volt Cranking Amps: 425
Cable Length: 46″
Cable Gauge: #2 AWG
Charger Type: Automatic
Indicator Display: Volt Gauge
Weight: 18 lbs.
Warranty: One Year Limited
An important feature of this portable jump starter is the fully renewable Clore PROFORMER battery. These batteries are designed for maximum power density and durability, resulting in exceptional cranking, long cranking times, and long life.
The JNC660 Jump Starter is designed for heavy-duty diesel engines and trucks.
Larger diesel engines are known to require more peak power to start. This portable jump starter is a very powerful unit and can be used to jump-start 8-liter diesel engines or heavy-duty trucks. Sometimes even smaller, less powerful cars and engines require a big boost of Amps before they can start especially on cold winter days.
With the Jump N Carry JNC660, you will NOT have a problem with a dead battery, that's for sure. With 1700A peak and 425A starting power, you can start an SUV or any other large diesel engine with no problem. We tested the JNC660 on our diesel SUV and had no problems even with a 12V battery that was completely dead.
To start the engine with the JNC660, you need to check that your portable jump starter is fully charged to replenish full battery power, connect the clamps in the correct direction, and when everything is ready, turn the key to start the car. That's it. Simple and easy.
Built-in automatic battery charger
DC socket to power 12-volt accessories
Exceptional starting power and duration
Absence of built-in LED flashlight
No USB port for charging USB devices
General precautions for use:
- Someone should always be within the range of your voice or close enough to come to your aid when you work near a lead-acid JNC660 battery. Have plenty of fresh water and soap nearby in case battery acid contacts skin, clothing or eyes. Protective eyewear should always be worn when working near lead-acid batteries.
- If battery acid contacts skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water. In case of contact acid with eyes, immediately wash eye with cold running water for at least 10 minutes and get medical attention immediately.
- Be extra cautious to reduce the risk of dropping a metal tool onto a battery. It may spark or short circuit the battery or another electrical part that may cause an explosion.
- Remove personal metal items such as rings, bracelets, necklaces, and watches when working with a lead-acid battery. A lead-acid battery can produce a short- circuit current high enough to weld a ring or the like to metal, causing a severe burn.
- Use the Jump-N-Carry for jump starting lead-acid batteries only. Do not use for jump starting dry-cell batteries that are commonly used with home appliances. These batteries may burst and cause injury to a person and damage to property.
- NEVER charge or jump start a frozen battery.
- To prevent arcing, NEVER allow clamps to be in contact or to contact the same piece of metal.
- Use of an attachment not recommended may result in a risk of damage to the unit or injury to personnel.
- When using the power extension cord, pull on the plug and never on the wire when disconnecting.
- Do not recharge the Jump-N-Carry with a damaged power extension cord. Replace it immediately.
- The Jump-N-Carry may be used under any weather condition - rain, snow, hot or cold temperatures.
- Do not submerge in water.
- Do not operate with flammables such as gasoline, etc.
- If the Jump-N-Carry receives a sharp blow or is otherwise damaged, have it checked by a qualified service person. If the Jump-N-Carry is leaking battery acid, do not throw out it. Take it to the closest battery recycler in your area.
- Do not disassemble the Jump-N-Carry. Have it checked by a qualified service person.
- The Jump-N-Carry should never be left in a completely discharged state for any period. Damage to the battery could be permanent, with poor performance as a result. When not in use, recharge every three months.
- Always store, use and charge the Jump-N-Carry in an area where children cannot get to the unit.
The Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 peak amp jump starter is a world-renowned starter, preferred by professionals around the world for its powerful performance, exceptional durability, and rugged construction. The Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 peak amp 12-volt jump starter has its advantages and in our opinion, not significant disadvantages. It has no flashlight and USB port, it's heavy and not as compact as mini starters, you can't shove it in the glove compartment and have to carry it in the trunk, but it's not too difficult to start an 8 cylinder engine, not to mention smaller engines.
Still, it's a pretty interesting and unique jump starter model. The Clore Automotive JNC660 Jump Starter ranks among the best jump starters.
Thank you for reading the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter review.